Friday 3 October 2014

MandasMittens

Hi, I'm Amanda from Manda's Mittens. I learned how to knit when I was 4 and haven't ever stopped. I knit mittens for a local shop while in university, but gave up the wholesale work for a "real job" after graduating. I'm a mom of 3 great kids and a wife to a great and busy guy. If I'm not knitting I'm chasing the kids or out running - I'm doing the Toronto Marathon in October to celebrate my 40th birthday.

Traditional Newfoundland Honeycomb Double Knit Mittens Heather Green and Natural Wool

What brought you to Etsy?
I knit many hats and mittens for my kids (now 7, 5 & 2). I was asked often by other parents at daycare and while out where I had purchased them :) I hadn't found a good way to show people what types of different products I could do without carrying around a ton of photos. Etsy is the perfect site for me to do that and gives me so much exposure. 

Traditional Double Knit Sawtooth Mittens Red and White

What is your favorite item from your shop?
My "signature mitten" is the dark grey with natural thrums and natural stripe. It was the first mitten I listed on etsy and the first to sell.

Striped Cuff Dark Grey Thrummed Mittens

What has been your best experience on Etsy?
Being part of the etsy community is a wonderful experience for an at home parent. Two exciting projects popped up this spring as a result of the shop - the first was being asked to make mittens for a photo shoot in frankie magazine (an Australian fashion magazine) and the second was being asked by a bride to be to make matching mittens for her bridal party and flower girl.

Sock Monkey Thrummed Mittens

Connect on Social Media:
Facebook: www.facebook.com/MandasMittensOnEtsy
Blog: mandasmittens.blogspot.ca/

1 comment:

  1. Love the Mittens! They look so comfy and warm. Love your Etsy story too and how you got started. I wish you much success in 2015

    ReplyDelete